Cracking is one of the most common issues faced by most homeowners in Kansas City, MO. You can trust crack injection in Kansas City, MO, to get super fast foundation crack repairs and perfect results.
It is essential to notice and take the right step for fixing the cracking of the basement, walls, and foundations. Reach out to a professional crack repair company as soon as possible to fix it.
What is the best when it comes to repairing concrete basement, wall, and foundation cracks? There are two popular options epoxy and polyurethane crack injections. Both epoxy and polyurethane crack injection process repairs the foundation or basement cracks and stops water from entering your basement and weakening your foundation.
Here are the characteristics, advantages, and comparison of epoxy and polyurethane crack injection. Read on to get some idea about the two most effective crack injection in Kansas City, MO!
Characteristics of Epoxy and Polyurethane Crack Injections:
- Epoxy crack injection is composed of an epoxy resin and a hardener blended before actual application. Polyurethane crack injection is composed of a polyurethane resin and an accelerator (or activator).
- Epoxies work like glue- it offers a strong bond. The polyurethane formulation is rigid, rubbery, and at times powdery.
- Epoxy injections are considered low-pressure injections. Polyurethane formulation, on the other hand, can be injected through low or high pressure.
Advantages of Epoxy Crack Injection:
- It has tensile strength. The compressive strength makes epoxy injection the best choice for cracks requiring structural repair.
- As a low-pressure crack injection, it enables the technician to confirm the crack has been filled sufficiently.
- The epoxy crack injection has a low failure rate that makes it highly reliable.
- Epoxy resin can be mixed to various viscosities. The epoxy crack injection is suitable for different crack widths, like small to wide cracks.
- Epoxy formulation perfectly fills up all voids and cracks efficiently.
- The epoxy crack injection is useful for dormant cracks.
- Epoxy injection is best to use when a crack is under tension.
Advantages of Polyurethane Crack Injection:
- Polyurethane crack injection perfectly fills up cracks with a strong bond regardless of its condition, like moist, wet, or damp.
- Before the application, the polyurethane crack injection involves a crack flushing process to clean out the crack.
- The polyurethane crack injection has chemical expansion property.
- Polyurethane injection has rapid curing times and can be used for urgent crack filling or repair.
- It is useful for repairing active cracks.
Comparison of Epoxy and Polyurethane Crack Injection:
- Epoxy crack injection does not work well on a crack that is actively leaking, damp, or wet. Polyurethane crack injection works perfectly on all wall or floor cracks (regardless of the condition, like actively leaking cracks).
- The epoxy injection cannot be used for re-injection of previously injected and failed crack repairs. In this case, polyurethane crack injection can prove to be helpful due to its expansive properties.
- The epoxy injection takes several hours for curing. While the polyurethane cracks injection process offers a quick solution.
Both epoxy and polyurethane formulations work in addressing concrete crack issues, and often foundation cracks repair professionals choose a product of formulation as per the requirement. Before cracks can negatively impact your foundation, it is wise to contact the best foundation repair specialist in Kansas City, MO. A professional foundation crack repair specialist has the experience to use the best crack injection in Kansas City, MO, as per your requirement. For excellence, you need to trust the insured and certified foundation repair professionals. The crack injection process is a cost-effective way to repair foundation cracks. It allows you to avoid a complete replacement that saves you both time and money.