Covid-19 pandemic forced us to stay at our homes for a long period. After 3 phases of the countrywide lockdown, the Indian govt has declared some ease on the restrictions with Lockdown 4. This will make sure that people can go out for necessary work but still have to follow the guidelines set by the Govt. This is also going to assist businesses to develop as they’ve been suspended for a few weeks now. Once such service is the cab service in Bhubaneswar! Cab or taxi drivers haven’t been able to earn much because of the lockdown. With the lockdown restrictions being eased, now people can start booking taxi service in Bhubaneswar.
However to avoid the spread of COVID 19, there’re some guidelines that every commuter must follow:
- Wearing a mask is compulsory while traveling in a cab.
- Always sit in the back seat of the cab as the govt mandates commuters to occupy only the back seats during a trip.
- Don’t allow the driver or anybody else touches your baggage. This way you’ll be able to make sure that the virus isn’t transmitted from or to others.
- Carry a sanitizer & ensure you sanitize your hands prior to entering the taxi. Also, it’s advised to sanitize your hands while leaving the vehicle.
- Try not to touch anything inside the cab.
Like commuters, there’re also certain guidelines that need to be followed by the cab driver as well. These guidelines are as follows:
- The driver must disinfect the vehicle after every ride. Also, they’re needed to maintain hygiene inside the vehicle.
- As per the rules set by the govt, the driver must make sure that there’re not more than 2 commuters at a time and that both take up the back seats.
Essential & emergency workers can continue to use ride-sharing and cabs in Bhubaneswar while conducting essential services, such as getting to & from work. Everybody else can also use cabs & ride-sharing services for essential reasons. These include getting to the pharmacy, or vet, to the supermarket, and to access routine medical services, not associated to corona virus, or for facilitating shared custody.
Last but not least downloading the Aarogya Setu app is encouraged for all while using cab service in Bhubaneswar. If you have COVID-19 related symptoms call on your state’s Health line number for advice before you travel.